About the Client
Operator is the dominant telecommunications provider in Greece, among the five largest listed companies, with respect to capitalization, in the Athens Stock Exchange. The Group offers a full range of products and services, from broadband services, fixed and mobile telephony to satellite, high-speed data communications and leased line services
About the Project
The operator was running a Legacy System as part of Order Management and in order to use the benefits of RODOD, the operator implemented an end-to-end application suite from Oracle to support its IT transformation initiative, helping the provider deliver an enhanced customer experience, drive service innovation, accelerate time to market for new services and improve operational efficiency.
Operator has implemented a comprehensive customer relationship management (CRM), operations support system (OSS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution from Oracle. The OSS components included Oracle( Communications Order and Service Management, Oracle Communications Service Activation and Oracle's inventory management solution to enable automated fulfillment of asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) broadband services
- Reduce total Cost of Ownership
- Improve Time To Market
- Reduce Order Fallouts
- Provide Clear visibility of Order life cycle for each order, in form of dashboards
Implementation Highlights and Achievements
- In this project, Oracle OSM COM and SOM Components have been used. For the TOM Layer, P6 is currently being used.
- PONR used at line item level, i.e. PONR event was sent to CRM when each line item reaches PONR. By this PONR is controlled at Line item level not order level.
- A new layer called Large Order Management was proposed to handle orders with more number of order lines. As part of this solution Large order will be divided into number of COM orders based on some grouping factor and fulfilled. Once order is completed consolidated order status will be sent to CRM.
- Automated order fallout handling was used in case of known error, for example when activation system returns error code for which OSM should skip activation, using automated code it was implemented.
- Partial and full cancellation was supported using customized revision order management
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership through consolidation of multiple legacy silos
- Improving time to market
- Providing granular order status to business
- Handle Corporate orders with large numbers of order lines – this was manual before
- Significant reduction in Order fallouts, improving overall customer satisfaction